I recently submitted my thesis paper – Heliotherapy: A Return to Safe Sunbathing for the Reversal and Prevention of Human Diseases – to my school, the University of Natural Health. This culminated my Bachelor of Science studies. You can read it here.
I began my studies in this program in 2008. The program is old-school correspondence style with books, pencil and paper. It is self-study which is a double-sided situation: you can take your time, studying and testing when you can, but there are also no external deadlines to keep you moving along. You must be motivated & self-disciplined!
I moved myself along…slowly…while building my massage practice, my nutritional coaching practice, and working for my daughter’s school, all while taking good care of my family.
My studies profoundly changed my life. The text books used in the program literally transformed the way I eat, the way I think about food and the way I understand nutrition. The University of Natural Health bases its programs on the philosophies of Natural Hygiene.
With each textbook I would implement new techniques into my family’s eating patterns and it would take time to adjust. Some new ideas stuck, others fell by the wayside. However I can say with conviction that we are all healthier now than we were in 2008 because of my studies with UNH. My struggles with food began way back in 1983.
I will continue to pursue my Masters degree and PhD in Holistic Natural Health & Healing with the University of Natural Health.
I also received two certifications with my BS degree. With these I will continue to help others find freedom & understanding in their Food Life by providing online food courses and personal counseling. (Testimonials)
• The 8 First Steps to a HAPPY™ Kitchen (free) helps you to get rid of the WORST ingredients in your pantry, refrigerator and off your shopping list. Get clean!
• The 9th HAPPY™ Step (free) helps you to go deeper into your understanding of food. The course is based on Michael Pollan’s famous book Food Rules and helps you to establish a healthful diet based on real, whole foods. This course is for omnivores, however all recipes provided are vegetarian or vegan. Get whole!
• This summer I am composing The Healers Diet which will be another online food course designed for those who invest a considerable amount of their personal energy into reminding others of their wholeness: holistic practitioners, mothers, teachers, nurses, caregivers, etc. This course will help healers increase their personal energy, define & manage clear energetic boundaries and deliver greater healing energy to others. Get clear!
• A component to optimal health, just as important as food and sleep, is adequate sun exposure. I am so passionate about this topic that I choose to write my 50 page thesis paper on it. I will make this information available as an ebook – The Sunlight Diet – on my website later this summer. (Note: It is now available here.)
I am available for hire as a personal nutrition consultant at $60 per hour. This is what we can do together:
• Pantry Purge and Kitchen Clean-out: go through your current food and determine what are good choices and which are foods that need to be upgraded
• Shopping Buddy: we can cruise the grocery store aisles looking for food upgrades and to analyze good, better & best choices worthy of your purchase
• Good old-fashion talk therapy: food & health conversations that get to the heart of your struggles, identify challenges and develop strategies for new, healthier habits and mindset..in person, on the phone, via email or Skype.
I begin each new client relationship with a free 1 hour consultation to see if we are a good fit. Contact me here to set up one.
One feature that sets me apart from many other nutrition coaches is that I won’t provide for you shopping lists or menus. I believe these are crutches and only partially help you achieve true health freedom. I encourage study & understanding, not just compliance to programs. I explain here why I can’t tell you what to eat, though I provide immense guidance and support.
Also, I won’t teach you how to cook. I know A LOT about food, but not so much about food preparation. I have many resources to share with you and referrals I can make to those who will spend time with you in the kitchen teaching you food prep skills. Plus, I’m a simple eater and love the Fruit Til Five method which doesn’t require many kitchen skills.
I look forward to working with you, sharing my food courses and staying in touch via blog & newsletter. Please let me know how I can be of service so that you can experience the joy & liberation in a diet that helps you feel wonderful about yourself every single day.
Carla in Media:Carla Golden is a vegan nutritionist and a massage therapist in private practice specializing in therapeutic essential oils. With a Bachelor of Science degree in Holistic Health & Healing, she enjoys helping others discover the benefits and liberation inherent in a whole food, plant-based vegan diet. The Vegan Key™ is her newest online nutrition program based on tried and true methods which foster performance, vitality, and purpose. Join Carla in person at a Palmetto Plant Eaters Club meeting!